Monday, November 29, 2010

What starts as one thing ends as another.


I had every intention of writing this post to relieve all the stress and frustration I've had with Sage this past week but have always tried to steer away from venting about things she does that drive me crazy and try to focus on the positive. So here I sat on my dairy-aire contemplating what to write when I decided to look at my bajillion pictures of Sage. It's amazing how I can be so frustrated with this little human and then look at a picture like the one above and my heart immediately softens.
I find myself crying, not from frustration, but from the pure joy and love I have for my little sugar bean. This picture was taken on my mom's birthday when Sage was 3 days old. I love the perfectness of her skin, the shape of her face, and the peaceful look on her face. I can honestly say I love this little girl more than words can express. Even through the tantrums she throws, the sleepless nights lately, and the inconsolable crying; I Love Her. While my mind is overwhelmed by, "What do you need?", my heart is overwhelmed with an unconditional love that allows me to pace the floors with her, cry for her pain, and do everything in my power to make the hurting and sickness go away.
My mom used to tell me that there was no greater love than the love you have for your child and I never fully got it. I get it now mom. I now know how my mom made it through hell and back with 2 children and still manages to love us every day..because I'd do the same for my Sage and then some.
So what started out as a post of venting has now turned into this whole teary-eyed novel about how much I love my daughter. I think I'll go to bed now on such a good note and remember to read this post tomorrow when I'm about to pull my hair out. :)